11 Aug 2014
A few weeks ago, a friend and I took a pasta making course at Jamie Oliver’s cooking school Recipease in Notting Hill. This place was absolutely fabulous. I’d definitely recommend it for a girls night out or even a date night (try their Perfect Steak night!) Not only do you learn new cooking skills, but you get to sit down with a big glass of wine and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Since the class, I’ve been itching to try out my new skills at home! If you have a pasta maker, this couldn’t be easier make. But if you don’t, store bought pasta or even substitute with zucchini noodles like the ones in this post would be fantastic as well.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- a handful sliced almonds, toasted (cooled)
- zest of one lemon
- 50 medium basil leaves
- a handful of arugula leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- ~1/4 cup / 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the coriander seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor and add salt to your liking.